The MUSIC Model Lab: Researching Motivation and Engagement
The purpose of the MUSIC Model Lab is to investigate the many ways in which the components of the MUSIC® Model of Motivation affect students' motivation and engagement. Researchers from around the world have affiliated with the lab and are conducting many different types of research. Some researchers have used the model to design instruction and to assess the outcomes on students’ motivation. Others have used the model to assess students' perceptions and how these perceptions are related to other constructs and outcomes. Yet others have developed instruments to measure the components in the MUSIC model.
Information about some of the MUSIC model publications and presentations can be found at the link below in the PDF document.
MUSIC Model Lab Director
- Brett D. Jones, PhD, Professor, Virginia Tech
Affiliates of the MUSIC Model Lab (listed alphabetically)
- Alice Medalia, PhD, Professor, Director of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services, Columbia University, U.S.
- Asta B. Schram, PhD, Director of Pedagogy, School of Health Sciences, University of Iceland, Iceland
- Carlos Efrén Mora, PhD, University of La Laguna, Canary Islands
- Hanaa E. M. A. Hussein, Fayoum University, Egypt
- Jay Wilkins, PhD, Professor, Virginia Tech, U.S.
- Jessica Chittum, PhD, Assistant Professor, East Carolina University, U.S.
- Juan Manuel Cruz M.Ed, Assistant Professor, Electronics Department, Universidad Javeriana, Colombia
- Lee Rakes, PhD, Director of Institute Assessment and Evaluation, Virginia Military Institute, U.S.
- Ming Li, PhD, Associate Professor, Sias International University, China
- Peter Reilly, Universidad Panamericana, Campus Bonaterra, Mexico
If you are interested in affiliating with the lab, please contact Brett Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org).